Saturday, October 27, 2007

Holidays

Today is the start of the school holidays for me, and that means lots of time to go travelling. So in about an hour's time I'm going to set off for Marseille for a week.

The last week has been in interesting one. I'm still waiting for NeoServices to sort me out with a phone, it has been weeks now. At least the internet works. The temperature plummeted this week, but according to the weather forecast it'll improve when I'm not here. Great. I've been told that it starts snowing in mid-November, and the temperature certainly seems to reflect that.

Teaching this week was a bit of a mixed bag. I had some terminales on Monday, the ones that watch me teach like I'm TV. I even resorted to telling them to put one hand up if they did understand, and the other hand up if they didn't. I got two hands, and then one of the pupils looked around, saw that he was in the minority, and quickly put his hand back down.

On the other side, there have been some great classes, where the students just wouldn't stop talking. This is the kind of stuff we need as assistants! It tends to be the younger classes too. The science classes are also really talkative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having fun. Have a great time in Marseilles. A visit to Monaco could make it brilliant. Maybe it'll be a little warmer in the south. Get plenty of warm clothes for the snow!!